So apparently this is poutine week?! I love poutine! Poutine is the best! It's total comfort food and totally worth the splurge, every time! In honour of Poutine Week, I decided it was time to finally make that dessert poutine I've been dreaming of - S'mores Poutine!! I'll stop saying poutine now...
It's a dangerous little dessert to learn, simply because if you like to bake, you probably have these ingredients on hand at all times. It also takes less than 10 minutes to make. Requires very little cleanup and tastes amazing! Plus, who doesn't love s'mores?!
- HoneyMaid Crackers (the 'fries')
- Mini Marshmallows (the 'cheese curds')
- 1 Chocolate Bar (the 'gravy')
Note: You can use whatever quantity, of each ingredient, based on your own preferences.
1) On a heat-safe plate, start by breaking your HoneyMaid Crackers into smaller pieces.
Note: If you warm the biscuit in the microwave for 20 seconds or so, it'll be softer and you can even cut it into strips to make it look like legit fries.
2) Grab a handful of marshmallows and layer them evenly over the HoneyMaid biscuit pieces.
3) Place plate directly in oven under 'high' broil. Monitor carefully until marshmallows brown to your preference.
Note: Watch closely as it will only take a few seconds to burn your marshmallows or your HoneyMaid biscuit pieces.
4) In the meantime, break the chocolate bar into smaller pieces and microwave for 15-30 seconds to melt, going in 15 second intervals. You don't want to over heat the chocolate.
5) Layer your melted chocolate over your marshmallows and voila, you have dessert poutine!
Enjoy it as a very indulgent personal snack, or with others if you're willing to share ;) It could also be the perfect shareable sweet for Valentine's Day - just dub it 'Deconstructed S'mores' to smancy it up a bit, and add it to your Valentine's Day menu!