There's nothing like the celebration of a biffle's birthday to really play around with your indulgent daydreams!! A couple of weeks back, one of my closest friends celebrated a milestone birthday and, since we both share an undying love for sour cream and onion Ruffles, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to bring one of those daydreams into fruition. And since they are basically a gift to humanity, I thought maybe I would share them with all of you. YOU'RE WELCOME! :) So without further ado, I bring you Belgian Milk Chocolate Dipped Sour Cream and Onion Ruffles!!
- Sour Cream & Onion Ruffles
- Belgian Milk Chocolate melting wafers from Bulk Barn (see them here)
1) Set up a double boiler on your stove - I used a medium metal bowl over a small sized pot, partially filled with water. Heat water to a simmer. Note: the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
2) While your double boiler is heating up, lay your to-be-dipped chippies out on a cooling rack/cookie sheet combo. Pick out the creme de la creme of the bag and line them on the rack, ready to dip.
3) Melt your chocolate wafers in the bowl, starting with a few at a time and stirring, until you've created a delicious chocolate bath for your chips.
4) Hold each chip by an end and plunge it into the melty goodness. Make sure you coat half of the chip on both sides. Shake your chip like a polaroid picture to remove any excess chocolate, then lay on the rack.
#1 - Even though it may seem like a good idea at the time, DO NOT dip a chip in the melted chocolate and put it directly in your mouth. You will burn your mouth and your tongue.
#2 - These are amazing and extremely addictive. Consume responsibly.
#3 - When you serve these, people will hug you. Be prepared for that.
That's all folks! Enjoy.