|Strip T's & 'All That Jasmine' Rice, another Looneyspoon's recipe.|
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless Turkey Breast, cut into strips about 1x4 inches
- 2/3 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup dry Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 tsp each Salt, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup Plum Sauce
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Frozen Pineapple Juice Concentrate, thawed
- 1 1/2 tsp Yellow Mustard and Cornstarch
1) In a large bowl, whisk together egg, hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Add turkey strips and (using your hands) toss to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins (or longer if possible).
2) Meanwhile, place coconut and sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat. Cook until golden brown, stirring frequently. Be careful not to burn them!
3) Transfer toasted coconut and sesame seeds to a small pie plate or shallow dish and let cool. Add bread crumbs, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside
|After! This coating would be delicious on a lot of things!|
4) Prepare sauce combining all sauce ingredients in a small pot. Cook over medium heat until sauce is bubbly and has thickened. *There are no pics of this as we were missing one of the ingredients at the time, but we've had it before and it's delish! Pictured is some bottled plum sauce we had on hand.*
5) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F working one piece at a time, shake excess marinade from turkey strips and roll in rub mixture. Make sure strips are well coated with crumbs. Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining strips and coconut mixture.
|Ready for the Oven.|
6) Spray tops of strips with a light coating of cooking spray. Bake on middle oven rack for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and gently turn pieces over. Spray other side with a light coating of cooking spray. Return to oven and bake about 4 more minutes, until coating is lightly browned and turkey is cooked through.
7) Serve strips with warm dipping sauce. Enjoy!
|Your new best friend.|