Lately, I feel I've been posting a lot of recipes that yield 'ugly food'. It tastes damn good, but can leave a lot to be desired for the eyes. Unfortunately, not all of us have a food stylist stowed away in our kitchen, and sometimes, it's just really hard to make certain foods (such as lumpy, cracker-crusted sausages) appealing! Most chefs might argue that a meal is a feast for the eyes and the mouth, but who really cares about the eyes when your stomach is growling and your mouth is salivating?! In any case, I guess what I'm trying to say is, these sausages are delicious, despite their appearance.
- 1 pk. Sausages (8 - 10)
- 1 beaten Egg
- 10 Crackers, rolled into crumbs
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Prick sausages with a fork in several places. Next dip them each into the beaten egg, followed by a roll through the crumbled crackers. Place them in a baking dish and into the oven for 30 minutes.
3) In the meantime, heat vinegar, sugar, and ketchup in a saucepan. (If you're big on sauce, you may want to double up). Once 30 minutes are up, remove from the oven, pour your sauce over the sausages, then return them to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
4) Remove from the oven and serve with rice or potatoes.