Friday, October 12, 2012

Gourmet Garden - My New Best Friend

Nigella Express was one of my favourite cooking shows while it was on, aside from the fact that Nigella herself was nothing less than fabulous, she taught everyone shortcuts and other unique ways to speed the cooking process along. She created delicious and beautiful dishes with very little effort, in other words, she was everyone's idol! This product reminds me of something I would see on her show, the burst of flavour and freshness of herbs, without the nasty task of chopping them ;)

I bring to you Gourmet Gardens, a.k.a my (and your) new best friend.





You can find these tubes in the fresh produce area of your supermarket, where you would find your fresh herbs. I stumbled across them when the grocery store happened to be out of cilantro, something I desperately needed for my meals that week. Lo and behold, I discovered a time-saver and money-saver. Time-saver because I would no longer need to wash and chop and measure out the herbs, money-saver because the tubes last longer than fresh herbs (I can't tell you how many times I've had to throw away packs of herbs that were barely used because they had gone bad in my fridge.)

Again, these tubes are great and are available in all the standard herbs you use. So for those of you who prefer fresh herbs to the dried variety and you're tired of throwing your money away, I introduce you to your new bestie... you're welcome! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment