I first concocted this recipe last Christmas while messing around in my kitchen. Not sure how it came to be, but it was a big hit. It tastes like Christmas. It looks like Christmas. Best of all, it's completely versatile. You can use it to ice your brownies, top your ice cream, or top special Christmas waffles on Christmas morning! There's also the eat-it-straight-out-of-the-bowl-option that I'm a fan of ;) Regardless of how you eat it, you will love it!
- 3 100g Lindt White Chocolate bars (try to purchase these when they're on sale)
- 3 tbsp Crushed Candy Cane (approx. 2-3 canes)
- 1 pkg Dream Whip
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
1) Create a double boiler using a pot and bowl. Fill the pot with just enough water, so when the bowl is in place, it does not come into contact with the water. Heat on medium.
3) While the chocolate cools, prepare your Dream Whip according to package instructions. Combine Dream Whip pouch with milk and vanilla and whip it until you have a fluffy, yet stiff whip.
4) Once chocolate has cooled (approx. 10-15 minutes), add your candy cane and stir until well combined.
5) Next add your whip, folding it in with a spoon, until fully combined. Folding vs. stirring will help give some volume and really thicken the mixture.
Note: It's very important that the chocolate has cooled before you attempt this step, if not, your whip will melt and you will lose your volume.
6) Final step, place mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes. This will firm everything up and give it a fluffy consistency. Now you're done son, enjoy!
Now this year, I added the whip to whoopie pies! I found a recipe for the cake portion and whipped up a batch. The result is soooo delicious! I highly recommend. However, I will say, be sure to keep them refrigerated, otherwise the whip loses its firmness.