Thursday, July 19, 2012

Man Pleasing Chicken


So what is this man pleasing chicken you speak of? Will my 'Man' love it? Will it please him so? Well, I can't answer that for you, as every man is different, but I will say that my 'Man' thoroughly enjoyed this chicken and scarfed it down between phrases like 'yup that's some good', 'man-pleasing is right', 'what's in this again?', 'we should definitely have this again soon!'

I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest, like many of my recipes these days. The original post came from Witty in the City, but I've also seen it referenced as 'World's best chicken' by Rachel Schultz. Either way you make it, it will be delish I'm sure, because it's the flavour combo that makes this taste so good.



Ingredients
  • Chicken - The original recipe called for thighs, Rachel Shultz used breasts and I used legs so it's really up to your own preference, works great on all three!
  • 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
  • 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
  • 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Sprinkling of Fresh Rosemary

Instructions
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with tinfoil lining (I did not do this and 3 hot water/bubble soaks later and several dishwashing attempts, I FINALLY got the burnt-on sauce off. Do NOT make the same mistake I did).

2) Combine Dijon Mustard, Maple Syrup and Rice wine vinegar. Stir until it becomes a smooth and silky sauce.

Not exactly appetizing just yet...

Silky perfection ready for some drizzlin'

3) Place your chicken in the lined casserole dish. Add salt and pepper. Next pour your delectable sauce over the chicken. Be sure to coat each piece evenly - I suggest flipping them around in the sauce a few times til they're completely covered - don't be afraid to get your hands dirty :)


Bathing in golden goodness!

4) Place chicken in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Baste the chicken about half way through cooking.

5) Plate up your chicken, sprinkle on some fresh rosemary and some excess sauce (if desired) and eat! So delicious. Please note, totally forgot to add the fresh rosemary for my photo!







No comments:

Post a Comment