Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers!

Check it out on Amazon

So today's post is a little different than my normal posts but given it's Valentine's day, I thought why not?! Way, way back in the day, when I was in primary school, The Bailey School Kids book series was my fav! I could never contain my excitement for the next book. Each short novel featured a 'monster', doing everyday, mundane things and throughout the course of the story, the 4 kids (who's names I still remember?!) would discover and get rid of the 'monster'. Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers was one of my absolute favourites and I think of it every Valentine's Day! To be honest, when I see heart shaped cookies with sprinkles and icing (like those below), I think of the book. Apparently, it really stuck with me.

Photo Source
In any case, the story revolves around a new lunch lady whom the kids believe to be cupid. She keeps handing out special heart shaped cookies, which cast a spell on the kids and cause them to fall madly in love with a person they don't typically get along with. So cheesy, but oh so perfect for Valentine's day! Anyway, I think this is a great book and I would highly recommend it for kids in primary or elementary school.






So again, it's not exactly a food post per se, but the book definitely includes some mouthwatering treats! Maybe next Valentine's Day I'll create my own version of these magical cookies, and share them with the world... just not this one, I've got way too many treats here already! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment