Thursday, June 21, 2012

5 Minute Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Mug!

If you follow me on Twitter or Pinterest - which you should ;) - you would know I've been up to a lot lately in the land of food. I've been eating (more than I should), Instagramming everything (from pineapple and custard sundaes down the Cape to baking bread with my nan), and pinning my little heart out. I seem to be getting a backlog of items to blog about so I figured I'd start off with something quick and yummy that you all would appreciate... Chocolate Chip Mug Cookies!

Add caption
By now you've probably taken 2 years off the life of your microwave on account of making so many 5 minute chocolate cakes... or maybe that's just me? Either way, there's a new 5 minute concoction in town and as an admitted chocolate-chip-cookie-a-holic, I couldn't be happier. I still have the original email for the cake recipe from 4 or 5 years ago, aptly entitled 'The most dangerous recipe you'll ever know'. However, after making and eating this cookie recipe, I can honestly say the 5 minute cake has been dethroned in my mind.

Now it doesn't taste the same as an oven baked cookie, but it get's the point across and can knock a craving on it's ass!





Ingredients:
  • 1 Egg
  • 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1/3 cup Flour
  • 1 tbsp Softened Butter (I used tub margarine vs. stick)
  • 3-4 tbsp of chocolate chips




Instructions:

1. Add all ingredients to a large mug stirring until everything is combined. Be sure the butter is incorporated throughout the mixture and isn't left in lumps.

Err body in

Resist the delicious dough (if you can)

2. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until fully cooked.

3. Enjoy this glorious creation!


Thanks to the blog College Candy for introducing this to my life!!





No comments:

Post a Comment