Thursday, June 21, 2012

Roasted Marshmallows... in the oven!!

It's true my friends, you can roast Marshmallows at home. No fire pit? No beach? No problem! Pull up a chair to your toasty oven and prepare yourself one of your favourite treats! I'm a marshmallow purist and prefer to eat it sans chocolate and wafer; however, these would be perfect for S'mores as well.



Instructions:

Place marshmallows on a baking sheet. Set oven to Broil. Keep an eye on the marshmallows and rotate them as they brown. Allow them to brown (or burn if that's what you're into) as much as you like, then indulge.

Important: Handle marshmallows very carefully as you turn them - you don't want all the yummy goodness squishing out.

CAUTION: Just like the campfire variety, they will be hot!

Note: Once they're no longer able to keep their form, that means the insides are good and gooey.






Humina Humina Humina

6 comments:

  1. That looks amazing I think i might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love a good roasted marshmallow (sans the chocolate, too). I had a gas stove at my old house and I would roast marshmallows on a fondue skewer over my gas cooktop. You have filled my long unfulfilled need for the roasted marshmallow! Yyeeeaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! That sounds good as well... unfortunately, doesn't really have the same effect over an electric element ;) Glad I could help!!

      Delete