|Ooey-gooey, flaky and sweet!|
I've said before that trying new and tasty things is relatively new to me, after all, it's only been approximately 2 years since my first taste of sushi! With that said, back in March, while out celebrating my sister's birthday, I had my first taste of Brie. It was baked in phyllo pastry, served warm, and paired with a berry coulis! Delicious!!
Ever since then, I've been in search of a good, baked, ooey-gooey-goodness recipe for Brie. Thanks to Pinterest (Follow me!), and the blog Big Red Kitchen, I found exactly what I was in search of - Mini Baked Brie Cups :)
- Phyllo pastry (phyllo cups if you can find 'em!)
- 1 small wedge of Brie
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (I used slivered)
- The grated rind from 1 Orange
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. If using phyllo cups, place them in a mini cupcake tray; otherwise, fold 1 sheet of phyllo pastry into a square and place it within the cupcake mold. Repeat until your tray is filled.
3. Fill each phyllo cup with a small chunk of cheese, enough to fill the cup.
4. Combine brown sugar, almonds and orange rind in a small bowl. Don't forget to thoroughly clean the orange before zesting.
|I think the orange zest makes this recipe.|
5. Sprinkle each cup with the mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until Brie is melted, the almonds have toasted and the sugar has caramelized.
|Ready for the oven.|
|Ready to eat!|