Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Perfect Boiled Egg

When it comes to boiled eggs, I have a bit of a Goldilocks complex in that I like them not too runny and not too hard, but jusssst right! I'm not sure what that's called, God knows I'd never be able to order it correctly in a restaurant, but for the purposes of this blog I shall call them 'Silky Smooth'. That's right, bringin' the hotness to the boiled egg baby!

Now, it's taken me a while to perfect the 'Silky Smooth' boiled egg, but I've finally done it and feel inclined to share with you all.

My 'Silky Smooth', perfectly boiled egg
I looked up some videos/articles on how to properly boil an egg and in my opinion they were all wayyy too complicated. If you would like to eat a 'Silky Smooth' egg as pictured above, keep reading.



Instructions
  1. Place your egg(s) in a small saucepan. Fill with water until the egg(s) is covered.
  2. Turn the element on high and set your timer for 12 minutes.
  3. Remove egg(s) from water with a spoon and run it under cold water until you're able to hold the egg. Peel it and eat it!



Now I know some people hate the idea of a boiled eggs... or maybe it's the smell, either way before you hate on the boiled egg, try it all 3 ways. Growing up I used to have it hard boiled and I wasn't too fussy on it. The only way I could eat it, is if I put a little bit of butter on every spoonful of egg... not the healthiest! Having since discovered the 'Silky Smooth' version, I don't need any butter and it's so flavourful and delicious!

Oh and did I mention 1 large egg has approximately 75 or so calories? Pair it with a cup of tea or coffee and you've got a lovely 100 cal snack that any nutritionist would approve!


He's named for obvious reasons :)
Meet Chip! He's my egg cup! ...we go way back.





















No comments:

Post a Comment