- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 cup (or as much as you want to jam in there) Diced fruit, Berries, or Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla to dry mixture. Mix only enough to make mixture smooth.
- In the meantime, melt your 3 tablespoons of butter in the frying pan. Add to the pancake mixture and combine. If you're adding fruit or chocolate chips, add them to the batter, folding them throughout.
- Drop spoonfuls onto oiled frying pan, cooking them on medium heat.
Serve with your favourite Maple Syrup or Molasses!
This recipe makes anywhere from 6-8 pancakes. I tend to double if I'm serving 3 or more people. Let's face it, it's better to have yummy leftovers than not enough for your friends, and trust me, they will ask for seconds... possibly thirds! Enjoy!