- 1 can (796ml) Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Orange or Yellow Bell Peppers (this adds beautiful colour)
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Pepper
- 1/4 cup Dried Cilantro
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- pinch of Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
1) Drain the Tomatoes - a little juice is okay (which will seep out of the tomatoes as they rest anyway) but you don't want your salsa floating!
2) Excluding red pepper flakes and salt, throw everything into a bowl, mixing until completely combined. Be sure garlic and other spices are evenly distributed throughout.
3) Next toss in a pinch of red pepper flakes (you don't need much to create a lot of heat, so be wary if you're not a fan). Once you've tested the salsa and are comfortable with the level of heat, toss in salt to taste.