If you're tired of plain ol' carrots on the side, spruce them up a bit with this glazed and confused variety. This recipe hails from one of my favourite cookbooks The Loonesypoons Collection. These 'babies' add a burst of flavour to any meal ;)
- 1 lb Baby Carrots
- 3 tbsp Peach or Apricot Jam (I used apricot)
- 1 tsp each grated Orange Zest and Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp each Dried Thyme and Salt
1) Steam or boil carrots until tender, about 15 minutes
2) While carrots are cooking prepare glaze. Combine jam, orange zest, mustard and thyme in a very small pot or skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until jam has melted, about 2 minutes.
3) Toss hot, cooked carrots with glaze and salt. Serve up and brace for smiles.