- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 2 Serrano Chiles, seeds and stems removed, diced
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, seeds and stems removed, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1 (15oz) can Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 12 oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 12 oz Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
1. Melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the onion, serrano chiles, and jalapeño, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
2. Whisk the flour into the pan and cook for about 30 seconds. Slowly pour the milk into the pan while whisking and continue to cook, whisking constantly until the sauce has thickened (about 3 minutes). Stir in the cilantro and tomatoes.
4. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or refrigerate for later use. This dip can be refrigerated for up to 5 days and then reheated when ready to serve (takes approximately 15-20 mins to reheat in the oven)
|Ready to serve (or put aside for a party!)|
Note: Due to the variety of ingredients, in particular the cheeses, the dip is a little more costly than your standard jar of Tostitos dip. With that said, it's well worth it and goes along way.