- 1/2 a 900g bag of Orzo Pasta
- 1/2 cup diced Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Yellow Pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced Red Delicious Apple
- 3/8 cup (aka 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup) White Wine Vinegar - Sorry, I was testing amounts and this seemed to work well
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 or 2 handfuls of roughly chopped Yellow Grape Tomatoes (or another grape/cherry variety)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
|Peppers, Onion and Apple relaxing in their vinaigrette bath!|
1) Cook pasta according to package - ensure not to overcook and plump the noodles, these should be nice and al dente! Once pasta has cooked, drain and immediately rinse with cold water. Set aside and allow them to cool. Note: If pasta still seems to be sticking together, toss with 1-2 tsps of olive oil.
2) In a separate bowl, create the vinaigrette combining the white wine vinegar and honey. Whisk together until honey is incorporated.
4) Combine all ingredients (veg/fruit vinaigrette medley - drained, mint, grated Parmesan & grape tomatoes) with the pasta. Add salt & pepper to taste.
|Voila! A thing of beauty ;)|