Monday, June 11, 2012

Homemade Oatmeal Fudge Bars!


If this doesn't make you drool I'm not sure what will!

As much as I strive to be a healthy eater, and as hard as I try to maintain it, I do have my binge moments. Lately, I've wanted nothing more than some ooey-gooey sweetness that my cupboard full of sour cream and onion crackers and chip-wannabes could never come close to satisfying. I'm talking soft and chewy, melt-in-your-mouth, chocolatey goodness.

Thanks to Pinterest (follow me) and a blog by the name of 'One More Moore', I found a recipe for what I consider to be homemade Starbucks Oatmeal Fudge Bars. So, on a pretty mellow Saturday night, my hubby and I brought Starbucks home - he prepped the skinny vanilla's and I prepped the fudge bars.




Make it a skinny, cuz dessert sure aint!

 

Ingredients

Oatmeal cookie portion:

  • 1 cup Butter
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup Granulated Sugar
  • 2 cups Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 3 cups Oatmeal

Chocolate layer:
  • 1/2 cup Butter
  • 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk























Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Beat butter until smooth. Add eggs and both sugars, beat until combined and mixture is smooth.
  3. Next combine flour, baking soda and oats, add to the sugar mixture a little at a time until the mixture becomes thick.
  4. Spray a 9x13 baking dish and pack 2/3 of the oat mixture into the dish. Place remaining 1/3 aside.
  5. In the meantime, prepare the chocolate mixture. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Once fully melted add chocolate chips, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. Keep stirring until the mixture gains a smooth consistency.
  6. Pour fudge layer over the oatmeal layer. Scatter remaining oatmeal mixture across the top of the fudge layer.
  7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Once out of the oven, allow cookies to cool for at least 1 hour! (This is actually the hardest part of the entire process - make sure you have something to entertain yourself as you wait!)
Note: The cookies were still warm and had not fully set-up when I cut them after an hour out of the oven. It may be an idea to only cut out the pieces you want to tear into immediately, and reserve cutting the rest of the batch until it has set for another couple of hours.





Ready for some oven lovin'




Eat me!



There are no words...


2 comments:

  1. I should've commented the first time I tried this, but I'd just like to let you know these squares are Heavenly, fatty, sugary goodness! IThank you so much for posting it, they're now one of my favourite bar recipes (Also, this recipe was posted on my birthday, so it must be fate (; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was clearly fate! ;) Glad you love them! I do too :)

      Delete