Friday, May 4, 2012

Perfect Fluffy Pancakes

I remember when my sister and I would have sleepovers, my mom would make pancakes in the morning and then everyone would rave for weeks about how good they were... turns out these kids were eating boxed pancakes, what the hey? No wonder they acted as if they'd never eaten a pancake before. I am in no way discounting the deliciousness of my mom's pancakes, because they really are the best (really!), all I'm saying is no one should grow up on boxed pancakes! If you're looking for redemption, look no further.

Blueberry Pancakes


Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups Flour
  • 3 tbsp Sugar
  • 3 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1/4 tsp Vanilla
  • 3 tbsp Melted Butter
  • 1 cup (or as much as you want to jam in there) Diced fruit, Berries, or Chocolate Chips (optional)

Instructions
  1. Combine dry ingredients. Mix well.
  2. Add eggs, milk and vanilla to dry mixture. Mix only enough to make mixture smooth.
  3. In the meantime, melt your 3 tablespoons of butter in the frying pan. Add to the pancake mixture and combine. If you're adding fruit or chocolate chips, add them to the batter, folding them throughout.
  4. Drop spoonfuls onto oiled frying pan, cooking them on medium heat.

Serve with your favourite Maple Syrup or Molasses!

This recipe makes anywhere from 6-8 pancakes. I tend to double if I'm serving 3 or more people. Let's face it, it's better to have yummy leftovers than not enough for your friends, and trust me, they will ask for seconds... possibly thirds! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment