Monday, May 28, 2012

Stovetop Popcorn



Some people like to arrive at a movie by a certain time, some like to sit in a certain row, some prefer a certain seat - I like to hold the popcorn. Often described by friends as a 'popcorn fiend', I enjoy nothing more than mindlessly scarfing down a giant bag of buttery goodness, I know it's not the healthiest, but it's not like I'm at the movie every other day.

When you don't have your own popcorn maker, and you have a tendency to burn the microwaved stuff, it's hard to satisfy that popcorn craving. Thankfully, my hubby introduced me to stove-top popcorn - a much healthier way to eat my face off.





Ingredients:
  • Peanut Oil (you can also use sunflower or canola)
  • Popcorn kernels
  • Salt or your favourite popcorn seasoning Note: I LOVE Clubhouse Sour Cream and Onion flavour but can't find it anymore :(






'Swimming' oil
Instructions:
  1. Fill a large copper bottom pot with enough oil to coat the bottom. Heat on high.
  2. When the oil appears to be swimming or it starts swirling, add enough kernels to coat the bottom. Cover immediately if you wish to keep your eyes!
  3. Once the kernels begin to pop (this won't take long), lift the pot off direct heat and allow the kernels to finish popping. 
  4. Empty popcorn into bowl and add topping immediately.

Risking my life and camera in the name of the blog!
Keep the pot over the element, just remove from direct heat
Perfect popcorn ready to season
Om nom nom!



No comments:

Post a Comment